Date(s) - 03/01/2017
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Automate PCB Design Reviews with HyperLynx DRC
Wednesday March 1, 2017
10am – 11am
PADS HyperLynx DRC automates the design review process, reducing the amount of time it takes to identify potential signal integrity and EMI/EMC issues, improving PCB quality and time to market. PADS HyperLynx DRC includes a core set of rule checks and is a static analysis tool, not a simulation tool, so it can find EMI/EMC issues that would be very difficult to simulate. Once setup, the checks run quickly and easily. For EMI, issues can arise from high speed traces crossing split planes, vertical reference plane changes, and metal islands. These issues can easily be detected using highly customizable rules in HyperLynx DRC. SI issues from impedance mismatches, crosstalk, long stubs, and too many vias can be detected without the need of performing extensive SI simulations.
In this webinar, you will learn how PADS HyperLynx DRC can help identify electrical PCB design layout and routing issues to minimize product failures in the field.
What you will learn:
- How to use the HyperLynx DRC working environment, its key concepts, and terms
- How to use the built-in electrical rules.
- How object lists are created and used for selective hierarchical rule checking
- How to review detected issues and recommended fixes
- How to change electrical rule parameters to adjust rule violation sensitivity
- How to export spreadsheet and graphical results for detailed reviews
Who Should Attend:
- Engineers and managers involved in high speed design
PCB designers and managers
Bookings are closed for this event.